Apart from the amazingness of seeing our healthy little baby alive and kicking on the ultrasounds, and the fun chats about life with a baby I'm having with my husband, the rest has been pretty crappy. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO excited about having this baby in our lives and am SO grateful we didn't have trouble conceiving. I'm just hoping the delightful little one is getting all its difficultness out of its system now and will be every parent's delightful dream come true come actual human, crying, pooing-baby time.
Now I know all you readers out there with kids will have been through this a thousand times (well hopefully not a thousand. Sausage down a hallway anyone?) and will think this old news, but this is very new news for me. And the reality of it all is punching me square in the face.
This has been my very 'precious' but somewhat ferocious last 3 months:
- I've got massive boobs, which granted are fabulous, but they hurt like hell.
- I feel nauseous pretty much all the time. And I have been more than partial to a vomit or 463. This has definitely improved in the past week, and I find if I have a blueberry muffin or a piece of banana bread in my mouth at least every 2 hours, I feel considerably better. Wha' chu gonna do?
- I've put on kg after kg as a result. In all the wrong places. I wish I could blame the baby, however I think it weighs about 23g. Sigh.
- I cannot stand the smell of Asian food. Lucky I don't live in Asia. Ahem.
- I feel like I've run a marathon every day, which would be great if in fact I had run further than the bedroom to the bathroom. But I haven't.
- I basically don't feel like talking to anybody.
- Gas. 'Nuff said.
- I haven't exercised properly in 3 months. I'm no exercise freak but I need to exercise to feel remotely sane which means I've basically been insane for 12 weeks. Super. Have fun with that Phil.
- I've got the skin of a pubescent 14 year old.
- I've been ridiculously constipated. Not fun people, not fun.
- I can't eat sashimi, or smoked salmon, or cake batter or runny poached eggs. Only my favourite things in the world to eat.
- I can't drink alcohol. Fun police anyone?
Now I didn't mean for this blog post to be a whinge, but would-you-look-at-that, I think its become one. Sozza. I'll blame the pregnancy hormones. I'll be blaming them for a lot these next 6 months... "It's not me! It's the hormones!" kind of get-out-of-jail-free-stuff. But I am SO close to this golden 2nd trimester and I've got every finger and toe crossed that I'm not going to be one of those por sods who is sick for the whole 9 months. Pray for me people. Pray for me.