I landed on Monday night feeling positive, ready to take on this bustling city again, ready to enjoy it for everything it offers. Ready to accept Sydney as a place I will always have. But for right now?
This, this is home.....
It may sound ridiculous but it often still shocks me that I'm living in the middle of Asia. ASIA. A place so different to anywhere else. Where the rules are just different, the people are just different, the status quo just....different. And its already been 12 months. Wowsers.
I've got a lot to look forward to for the rest of 2011....
- A baby shower 'afternoon tea' this weekend for the one of the loveliest of friends I've met over here
- Purchasing of some serious baby hardware - hello pram, car seat, change table, breast bump, steriliser etc etc etc etc etc
- Cool weather, low humidity, sub-20 degree temperatures
- A great friend arriving from London on Tuesday for some long awaited gas bagging (result)
- Cluck cluck - a long, lazy ladies lunch (aka hens) for one of my oldest friends getting married in 3 weeks here in HK
- My sister, and some great friends arriving from Sydney for said wedding and staying with me
- THE WEDDING!
- My aunty, uncle and 9 year old cousin coming to stay
- More stretch marks, leaking boobs, swollen peripheries, breathlessness, back pain..... oh yay
- Setting up the nursery for our long awaited (making the above well and truly worth it) bundle of joy!
- Christmas in Honkers (no more flying for me - do whales need passports?)
It certainly makes life a lot easier to tackle when you have something to look forward, doesn't it? I know there was a period for me a few months back when I didn't, and it was bloody awful. I think they call it a 'rut'. One of my friends is in one of these at the moment - but dear special lady, you will come out of it. I promise.
What are you looking forward to at the moment?